(photo of St. Lawrence Seaway taken by blog author)
So this summer has had more rain than sun where I reside and its made me realize that I like both rain and sun equally. But, its also made me realize that the rain can be both cleansing and dangerous, a lot like our world today.
As I sat outside this morning on my covered porch watching the light rain falling and listening to a guided Zoom meditation led by one of my local clergy I began to think about the world around me while getting in touch my own serenity.
After the wonderfully calming session had ended, I sat there for about another half hour and realized that I wonder when our daily conversations became so tense, what was the the start of the downhill slide and can we ever get back the art of listening. Was there a specific moment that this all began or has it just swelled over time?
When did we find it necessary to have to have people telling us how to converse, how to find joy, how to find serenity? No one told my mother how to locate her joy, it was just ingrained in her to be that way and she easily brought her joy to those who surrounded her. Why can't we be this way now?
I think it's a little sad that we no longer find it necessary to actually listen, instead we envision that the person next to us may be our polar opposite so we don't engage, or in my case a fear of engaging. I find myself setting myself back in conversations waiting.
So what do we do to change the conversation and can we change the conversation? I don't have the answer just the questions.
So when I don't have the answers and just a whole lot of questions I take myself outside to my covered porch, or take a walk and listen to the beautiful sounds of quiet and of nature and if I can't go outside then I retreat to a quiet place with low lighting, put on my air pods and listen to Zen music to locate my serenity.
Enjoy the quiet and Find Your Serenity!
No comments:
Post a Comment