Wednesday, November 22, 2023

INTROSPECTION, DECISIONS AND SERENITY

So, I've decided to restart writing my blog on serenity.  It's been quite a while since I lasted posted, mostly life has gotten in the way, but now things have calmed down to it's time to re-adjust and find my serenity once more.

As Thanksgiving approaches (tomorrow actually) I have started looking at what's next in my life.  Life is hard and day-to-day decisions can sometimes be overwhelming.  I'm one of those people that tries to list out pros vs cons.  If I choose this one what are the consequences but the COVID shutdowns that happened a couple of years ago have changed my approach to life.  I think that I have become less of a planner and am starting to take more of a gut approach to life, work, family, friends and commitments.

In the past year a close friend and a close cousin both became ill, one will hopefully be able to return to the life they had before, with some modifications, the other one although has the will and determination to carry on, my not survive the medical issues that have set their path.  

These 2 make me introspective, have I lived my life to the fullest or have I become complacent?  Have I really tried to live my best life or have I lived my life based on what others will think of me?  The answer to these questions is more than likely yes to all of it.  Now I believe the time has come for me to take control of my life, to try my best not to be so worried about how I will look to others, but how I look at myself.

In order to relocate my serenity I must stop the belief that I have to be available for everyone who needs me, that I have to keep going on projects that probably need a different perspective from a new person.  All my life I've believed that I couldn't let anyone down, my parents, my family, my friends, but the one person I was truly letting down was myself, because I didn't believe in myself, I always second guessed every answer, I always asked opinions even if I new the answer.  Now I'm in a much better place mentally, physically and emotionally.

I'm going into this Thanksgiving filled with joy, filled with compassion, filled with the belief that I can't do everything, I won't always make people happy, but that's their issue not mine.

Fill your life with the things that bring you joy, that's how you find serenity.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!🦃🦃🦃🦃 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Serenity, Change and Forward Thinking

Each year as the new year starts everyone always asks, what are your resolutions for this new year and I say, "I don't do resolutio...